A contractual right to receive, as a supplement to guaranteed benefits, additional benefits:
- That are likely to be a significant portion of the total contractual benefits;
- Whose amount or timing is contractually at the discretion of the issuer; and
- That are contractually based on:
- The performance of a specified pool of contracts or a specified type of contract;
- Realised and/or unrealised investment returns on a specified pool of assets held by the issuer; or
- The surplus or deficit of the company, fund or other entity that issues the contract.