An entity shall apply IFRS 16 Leases to all leases, including leases of right-of-use
assets in a sublease, except for:
- leases to explore for or use minerals, oil, natural gas and similar non-regenerative resources;
- leases of biological assets within the scope of IAS 41 Agriculture held by a lessee;
- service concession arrangements within the scope of IFRIC 12 Service
- licences of intellectual property granted by a lessor within the scope of IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers; and
- rights held by a lessee under licensing agreements within the scope of IAS 38 Intangible Assets for such items as motion picture films, video recordings, plays, manuscripts, patents and copyrights.
A lessee may, but is not required to, apply this Standard to leases of intangible
assets other than those described above under #5.