1 The objective of this IFRS is to ensure that an entity’s first IFRS financial statements, and its interim financial reports for part of the period covered by those financial statements, contain high quality information that:
- is transparent for users and comparable over all periods presented;
- provides a suitable starting point for accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs); and
- can be generated at a cost that does not exceed the benefits.
2 An entity shall apply this IFRS in:
- its first IFRS financial statements; and
- each interim financial report, if any, that it presents in accordance with IAS 34 Interim Financial Reporting for part of the period covered by its first IFRS financial