1An entity shall disclose information to enable users of its financial statements to evaluate the nature and financial effects of the business activities in which it engages and the economic environments in which it operates.
2 This IFRS (IFRS 8) shall apply to:
- the separate or individual financial statements of an entity:
- whose debt or equity instruments are traded in a public market (a domestic or foreign stock exchange or an over-the-counter market, including local and regional
… Continue reading
5 An operating segment is a component of an entity:
- that engages in business activities from which it may earn revenues and incur expenses (including revenues and expenses relating to transactions with other components of the same entity),
- whose operating results are regularly reviewed by the entity’s chief operating decision maker to make decisions about resources to be allocated to the segment and assess its performance, and
- for which discrete financial information is available.
An operating segment may engage … Continue reading
11 An entity shall report separately information about each operating segment that:
- (a) has been identified in accordance with paragraphs 5–10 or results from aggregating two or more of those segments in accordance with paragraph 12, and
- (b) exceeds the quantitative thresholds in paragraph 13.
Paragraphs 14-19 Reportable segments-Quantitative thresholds specify other situations in which separate information about an operating segment shall be reported.
12 Operating segments often exhibit similar long-term financial performance if they have similar economic … Continue reading
20 An entity shall disclose information to enable users of its financial statements to evaluate the nature and financial effects of the business activities in which it engages and the economic environments in which it operates.
21 To give effect to the principle in paragraph 20, an entity shall disclose the following for each period for which a statement of comprehensive income is presented:
- general information as described in paragraph 22;
- information about reported segment profit or loss, including specified
… Continue reading
25 The amount of each segment item reported shall be the measure reported to the chief operating decision maker for the purposes of making decisions about allocating resources to the segment and assessing its performance. Adjustments and eliminations made in preparing an entity’s financial statements and allocations of revenues, expenses, and gains or losses shall be included in determining reported segment profit or loss only if they are included in the measure of the segment’s profit or loss that … Continue reading
31 Paragraphs 32–34 apply to all entities subject to this IFRS including those entities that have a single reportable segment. Some entities’ business activities are not organised on the basis of differences in related products and services or differences in geographical areas of operations. Such an entity’s reportable segments may report revenues from a broad range of essentially different products and services, or more than one of its reportable segments may provide essentially the same products and services. Similarly, an entity’s … Continue reading